SRS is proud to be protecting the Jamie Oliver Group. Inspired by the brilliant simplicity of Jamie Oliver’s hugely successful cookery book, 5 INGREDIENTS, SRS would like to offer 5 ingredients for a First Class Security Service which we hope will be just as easy to digest.
- Attitude – One of the most important criteria taken into account when selecting guards is their approach and attitude to other people and to their work. Many a situation can be diffused easily by using good manners and common sense.
- Leadership & Experience – Experience informs the way SRS operates but new recruits to the industry need to be shown the ropes – so training and the way knowledge is imparted is crucial. Good leadership is fundamental, and SRS recognises that it is crucial to have a diligent management team leading by example who can act as role models for all employees. We often hear from our guards that the reason they wanted to join SRS was the leadership team, the company ethos and the principles we stand for.
- Vigilance– This is essential for any security professional. Being vigilant and aware of your surroundings is paramount where it comes to protecting people and property alike.
- Appearance – So goes the cliché that there is no second chance to make a first impression. This is true in security and on many SRS sites security personnel will be the “face of the organisation” – the first to be seen and essentially an extension of the client. This means a strong emphasis is placed on the appearance of SRS personnel. Appearance is also key in creating a deterrent and a vigilant guard with the right attitude and appearance can act as a compelling deterrent.
- Physical and mental fitness – Physical and mental well-being is of the utmost importance in all walks of life but it really is paramount for Security guards. At SRS we ensure that the security teams are well equipped to ensure that our clients’ premises, staff are properly trained. SRS offers Krav Mage training on a weekly basis for all our personnel to help our guards stay fit and healthy in both body and mind.
SRS and the Royal Navy – Protecting High Profile Institutions